Not sure where to begin? Check out Hosting a Madrigal or Medieval Dinner, our how-to book that will walk you through the basics of the dinner including:
- A timeline for planning, promoting, and performing your madrigal or medieval dinner.
- What committees you need to make the event possible.
- Tips for the banquet.
- Tips for training your servers.
- Improv exercises for your actors.
- Costume suggestions, decoration ideas, and much more!
We took notes so that you don’t have to learn the hard way! Check out our Table of Contents:
What’s the difference between a madrigal and medieval dinner, anyway?
Quick reference to the age
Basic Renaissance vocabulary
General tips for your dinner
Timeline for preparation
- Publicity & fliers
- Ticket sales & reservations
- Decorations & stock pieces
- Food preparation
- Kitchen staff
- Servants & pages (wait staff)
- Strike (tear-down)
Help for the director of the show
- Selecting a location & figuring out a floor plan
- Setting the mood
- Details, details, details
Ideas that maximize your event
- Marketplace ideas
- Pre-show entertainment
- Welcome & blessing
- Set the tone